West Coast Adventure
VIA Rail & Coach Tour (5 Days / 4 Nights)
Enjoy one of our Rocky Mountain tours by train and bus! This tour is an excellent option for those who wish to start in Vancouver and finish their trip in Calgary. You also have the option of spending more time in Banff before leaving for Calgary.
- 2-day VIA Train trip
- 1 night VIA Rail SLEEPER PLUS Cabin accommodation
- 2-day fully narrated motorcoach tour
- Motorcoach transfer Lake Louise to Calgary
- 3 nights hotel accommodation
- 4 breakfasts & 1 dinner
- National Parks Pass & Toll Fee
- Guided lakeshore excursion at Chateau Lake Louise
- Rocky Mountain information package
- Services of a tour director
- Complimentary book of the Canadian Rockies
- Combined VIA Rail 2-day rail tour from Vancouver to Jasper, and a 3-day coach tour from Jasper to Calgary
- Duration: 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Hotel Locations: Jasper and Banff
- Hotel Accommodation: Choose from standard or deluxe
- To book this tour a deposit is required; to find out more click on “Terms & Conditions“
2022 TOUR RATES
Standard Hotels in each destination
- Jasper**: Forrest Park Hotel/Jasper Inn/Tonquin Inn or similar
- Banff (2 nights): Banff Aspen Lodge or similar
– Child RATES available upon request
– Prices are per person in Canadian Dollars
– Rates do not include tax or service surcharges
** All accommodation in Jasper is of standard category.
2023 TOUR RATES
Deluxe Hotels in each destination
- Jasper**: Forrest Park Hotel/Jasper Inn/Tonquin Inn or similar
- Banff (2 nights): The Rimrock Resort Hotel (Grandview Room/Premium View Room) ** Fairmont Banff Springs may be available at an additional cost
2022 / 2023 Tour Departure Dates
Our tours are conducted in English only, by a professional tour director with more than 10 years of experience and by professional Rocky Mountaineer attendants!
We recommend booking your tour as soon as your plans are confirmed, as departure dates are quite popular and can fill up quickly. Essentially, book early to avoid disappointment!
Individual pick-ups are not included in the tour, so we recommend taking a taxi to the
Standard hotels are mountain lodge-style while deluxe hotels are resort-style. The majority of our guests choose standard accommodation as these hotels are very clean and comfortable, and travellers will get their own private room and washroom. Travellers who book deluxe accommodation often do so because they want to stay at Chateau Lake Louise. If you want to book premium accommodation, be sure to book early as these hotels sell out quickly – availability is limited within 6 months of departure!
Gratuities are not included in the prices (unless indicated). While it is neither our place nor our wish to tell you how much to tip, gratuities in Canada are often given in recognition of service excellence.
Depends on the day. if you are travelling from Vancouver to Jasper or Banff, it will be a minimum of 10 hours. However, every 2-3 hours, you get out of the bus for mini breaks. During the sightseeing days, you will spend little time on the bus as you will be walking/sightseeing/hiking & etc.
Day 1 (Vancouver through the Fraser Valley – by VIA Rail) (Depart: 3:00 pm)*
Board VIA Rail for your overnight train journey through the Fraser Valley to Jasper. Enjoy a true train experience with first class amenities as you spend the night onboard the train in your private Sleeper Plus cabin while you begin to journey through the Fraser Valley. [D]
Day 2 (Fraser Valley to Jasper – by VIA Rail)
(Arrive: 11:00 Am)*
Enjoy spectacular views of the Fraser Valley and Rocky Mountains from the windows in your private Sleeper Cabin, or check out the Park or Skyline car’s lounges and domes onboard VIA Rail. You will be surrounded by dramatic scenery as you follow the banks of the North Thompson River through the Monashee and Cariboo Mountains, climbing ever nearer to the high peaks of the Continental Divide. Today’s highlights include Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies at 3,954 metres (12,972 feet), Pyramid Falls, as well as the climb over Yellowhead Pass into Jasper National Park. Your rail journey ends upon arrival in the resort town of Jasper this evening. Overnight in Jasper. [B] [L]
Day 3 (Jasper to Banff – by Coach)
(Departs: 8:30 am, Arrives: 7:30 pm)*
Start the morning with a refreshing hike in Maligne Canyon, one of the world’s largest and deepest limestone gorges criss-crossed by 6 narrow bridges. Then head south on the Icefields Parkway to experience the thundering waters of Athabasca Falls, picturesque Peyto Lake, and majestic Castle Mountain. At the Columbia Icefield, ride the “Ice Explorer”** on Athabasca Glacier or visit the Glacier Skywalk**! Overnight in Banff. [B]
Day 4 (Banff National Park – by Coach)
(Departs: 8:00 am, Arrives: 6:00 pm)*
Enjoy scenic views, including the spectacular Lower Falls, as you walk through Johnston Canyon. At Lake Louise, stroll the shores of the glacier-fed lake and enjoy the atmosphere of the world-famous Chateau Lake Louise. Afternoon highlights include Moraine Lake, the Banff Springs Hotel, the Upper Hot Springs**, and views from the top of Sulphur Mountain**. Overnight in Banff. [B]
Day 5 (Banff to Calgary – by Coach) (Flexible Departure)
Motorcoach transfer from Lake Louise to Calgary. Enjoy free time in the heart of downtown Calgary. [B]
Tour Variations for Day 5:
1. Extend your stay in Lake Louise. Additional accommodation in Lake Louise can be arranged at additional cost. Flexible departure to Calgary.
2. Return to Vancouver on the Rocky Mountaineer or fly to your next destination from Calgary. Please inquire at the time of booking for options and prices.
* Tour times may vary, subject to rail traffic
** Optional activities
[B] = Breakfast [L] = Lunch [D] = Dinner
Sleeper Cabin Features
You will be assigned to a private cabin for 2, which has an enclosed private washroom. Inside the cabin, there are wide armchairs and picture windows.
Sleeper Plus Class Features
The sleeper plus class includes: full-service meals in dining car and access panoramic windows and lounge. You will also have priority boarding in Vancouver and Toronto, and and have access to business lounge at the terminal.
While you are on the tour, you have the chance to experience the unique beauty of the Rocky Mountains. Although optional, our mountain tour guides recommend following activities to enhance your Canadian Rockies experience:
– Columbia Ice Explorer Tour
– Glacier Skywalk
– Sulphur Mountain (Banff) Gondola Ride
– Canoeing on Lake Louise
– Upper Hot Springs
For more information on above activities (and their costs), click HERE.
“Excellent tour and saw amazing places and experienced lovely things. It met our needs of visiting the Rockies and was well priced for what it had offered. Well worth the money. Brad was very well spoken and knowledgeable with all the information he provided. He knew his information/history and provided us with all necessary information. Len was very friendly and professional one of the best drivers from a tour company we have experienced.”
Ronald & Amanda Mallia Swansea, NSW, Australia