Great Canadian Adventure
VIA Rail & Coach Tour (7 Days / 6 Nights)
Toronto → Jasper → Banff → Lake Louise → Vancouver
All aboard! Get ready for an extraordinary rail & coach journey from Toronto to Vancouver, where delightful surprises await you at every turn. Sit back and enjoy the mesmerizing views of rolling hills, river canyons, and picturesque farming communities from the comfort of the Skyline (dome) car. Indulge in delectable regionally inspired cuisine. At night relax in your private cabin, ensuring a restful night’s sleep. From Jasper, join our guided motorcoach tour through the Canadian Rockies for an unforgettable adventure that will create memories to treasure for a lifetime.
- VIA Train (Toronto to Jasper): 4 days, 3 nights of VIA rail Sleeper Plus Accommodation
- Motorcoach: Fully guided sightseeing tour in the Canadian Rockies including Jasper, Banff, and Lake Louise
- Hotel: 3 nights of hotel accommodation (Standard or Premium)
- Meals: 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Excursions/Activities**: Banff Gondola ride, Ice Explorer tour/Glacier Skywalk – More info
- Other: Toll fee & Park Pass
2023 Tour rates
*All Prices are in Canadian Dollars
2023 Tour Dates
|May||3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, 28|
|June||4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28|
|July||2, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30|
|August||2, 6, 9, 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, 30|
|September||3, 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 27|
2024 Tour Rates
*All Prices are in Canadian Dollars
2024 Tour Dates
|May||8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 26, 29|
|June||2, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30|
|July||3, 7, 19, 14, 17, 21, 24, 28, 31|
|August||4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28|
|September||1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25|
Standard Hotels in each destination
Jasper**: Jasper Inn/Tonquin Inn or similar
Banff(2 nights): Banff Aspen Lodge or similar
Departure: 9:00 am
Arrival: 6:00 am
Your eagerly-awaited rail journey begins at Toronto’s Union Station, an architectural marvel set deep in the city’s historic heart. From the comfort of your private cabin or beneath the glass-domed roof of the Park or Skyline cars, enjoy breathtaking views and savor delectable meals, all while mingling with fellow travelers. As the train sweeps by the Great Lakes, their serene vastness evokes a deep sense of nature’s grandeur. The route then takes you over the boundless flatlands of Manitoba and Saskatchewan, adorned with golden fields of wheat and canola. And as the train nears Alberta, the gentle undulations of the land gracefully yield to the awe-inspiring peaks of the Rockies. Your day concludes with an overnight stay in Jasper. [B, L, D]
Departure: 8 am
Arrival: 7:30 pm
Start your morning with a refreshing hike (optional) through the Maligne Canyon, a remarkable limestone gorge adorned with six narrow bridges and picturesque waterfalls. Continuing our journey south along the magnificent Icefield Parkway, often hailed as one of the most beautiful highways in the world, we will explore its must-see attractions, including Athabasca Falls, Peyto Lake, and Crowfoot Glacier. At the Columbia Icefield, ride the “Ice Explorer”** on Athabasca Glacier or visit the Glacier Skywalk**. Overnight in Banff. [B]
Departure: 8:00 am
Prepare yourself for another fun-filled day of sightseeing and activities in Banff National Park. As we make our way to Lake Louise, we will pause at Johnston Canyon for a leisurely hike (optional) along the trail that guides us to the breathtaking Lower Falls. While at Lake Louise, you’ll find numerous viewpoints offering splendid photo opportunities of the majestic Victoria Glacier towering over the lake. In the afternoon, our adventure continues as we explore other notable attractions in the Rockies, including Moraine Lake, Banff Springs Hotel, and Bow Falls Don’t forget to take advantage of the gondola ride up Sulphur Mountain** for a breathtaking panoramic view of Banff town and its surrounding or Upper Hot Springs for a soothing soak in the hot, mineral-rich water. Overnight in Banff [B]
Departure: 8:00 am
Arrival: 7:30 pm
Heading west, your journey will take you across the Continental Divide, which serves as the geographical boundary separating waters flowing to the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. As you make your way towards Rogers Pass, the highest point in the Canadian Rockies, keep an eye out for the fascinating Spiral Tunnels. These tunnels are a remarkable achievement in railway engineering, strategically designed to navigate the steep gradient of the mountains and facilitate the safe passage of trains. Arrive in downtown Vancouver in the evening. [B]
[B] = Breakfast
[L] = Lunch
[D] = Dinner
** These activities are optional, and additional costs apply
★ Departure and arrival times may vary
Day Time: You will be assigned to a private cabin for 2, which has an enclosed private washroom. Inside the cabin, there are wide armchairs and picture windows.
Night Time: As evening rolls around, a staff member pulls out the lower berth bed and lowers the upper one, dressing each bed in crisp linens
- Room size: 7 ft 3 in. X 5 ft (214 cm x 152 cm), excluding 2 ft 9 in x 2 ft 1 in (84 cm x 64 cm) for private washroom
- Mattress size: approximately 71 in x 31 in (180 cm x 79 cm) on Château and Manor cars
- Private washroom available inside each double bedroom
- Mirror over sink with electrical razor outlet (110 vac.)
- Individual control for heating, ventilation and air conditioning system
- Limited space for baggage
- Daytime: two comfortable sofa chairs
- Nighttime: Upper and lower beds replace chairs
- Large window with blind
- Access to a shower room (one shower room per car)
- Shower towels and amenities provided
Door locks on the inside only (no individual key)
- Other amenities: small closet, drinking water, towels, pillows, sheets, and blankets supplied.
Simple and delicious meals
- All your onboard meals are included with Sleeper Plus accommodations. In the dining room, enjoy delicious offerings, such as Canadian trout and lamb chops for dinner. If you prefer lighter fare, snacks are available in the lounges.
- In the Dining car, from breakfast to dinner, you can explore gourmet three-course menus If you have an allergy, VIA Rail can make special arrangements to minimize the risks of exposure to the allergen in question. VIA offers three choices. The main course always includes a meat dish, a fish dish, and a vegetarian dish. With a Business class ticket, you can order meals adapted to your dietary restrictions by phone, 10 days before departure. of specialties cooked by our chefs on board for every meal.
- You can purchase a selection of local beers and wines by the glass to accompany your meal.
- Access to the Business Lounge: While waiting for your train, take some time to relax in the Business Lounge. There are free drinks, newspapers, and Wi-Fi for your convenience.
- Carry-on baggage: Allowed one personal item and two small items per cabin, per person. For more information, please see our additional baggage policy.
- Checked baggage: Allowed two large items, and you can check them with our staff free of charge. For more information, see the checked baggage policy.
- Priority boarding: Don’t wait in line if you don’t have to! Board ahead of time. Our onboard staff will be happy to assist you.
- On-Board Accommodations: On-board accommodations can accommodate one or two people. Depending on your trip, you can reserve private cabins for one or two people
- Meal service: All your onboard meals are included with Sleeper Plus accommodations. In the dining room, enjoy delicious offerings, such as Canadian trout and lamb chops for dinner. If you prefer lighter fare, snacks are available in the lounges.
- Washroom and shower access: All of our private cabins have washrooms and berths have access to shared facilities in each car. At the end of your car, you have exclusive access to a shower room at all times and we offer towels and toiletries.
- Cabins accessible for travelers with reduced mobility: The Canadian and the Ocean are both equipped with cabins that are accessible for travelers with reduced mobility. For more information, please contact us
- Beverages on board: You can purchase alcoholic beverages at affordable prices on board the train. Alternatively, you can bring your own drinks.
- Personal Service Attendants: Service attendants will oversee the cleaning of your cabin and will change your bedding. Attendants assigned to your car can also take care of any requests you have while on board.
- Access to different cars: Depending on the route and season, you will have access to different cars on your trip, including the Skyline car, the Park car, the Renaissance car, and the Dining car.
“Excellent tour and saw amazing places and experienced lovely things. It met our needs of visiting the Rockies and was well priced for what it had offered. Well worth the money. Brad was very well spoken and knowledgeable with all the information he provided. He knew his information/history and provided us with all necessary information. Len was very friendly and professional one of the best drivers from a tour company we have experienced.”
Ronald & Amanda Mallia Swansea, NSW, Australia